Westlaw, LexisNexis, and Bloomberg Law passwords are handed out during 1L orientation. Please see a librarian if you have a question.
CALI registration codes may be obtained at the library service desk.
1) Search for legal definitions using Black's Law Dictionary
2) Start outlining your classes with Westlaw’s 1L Outline Shells
Topics Include: Civil Procedure, Constitutional Law, Contracts, Criminal Law, Property, and Torts
3) Review How to Brief a Case
4) Use the West Headnotes and the summary of the case to help you prepare for class.
1) Search for legal definitions using Ballentine’s Law Dictionary
2) Read the free Understanding Law School eBook
3) Get started outlining with Lexis’ Free Bar-Bri Outlines
Topics Include: Civil Procedure, Constitutional Law, Contracts, Criminal Law, Property, and Tort
4) Make class preparation easier (video)
5) Learn to think like a lawyer (video)
6) Print cases, statutes, law reviews, etc from Lexis for ***FREE***
7) Use the Lexis Headnotes and the case summary to help you prepare for class
1) Complete FREE tutorials for all your 1L classes.
*** These are great at helping you prepare for midterms and finals!***
Topics Include: Civil Procedure, Constitutional Law, Contracts, Criminal Law, Legal Concepts and Skills, Legal Writing, Property Law, Torts, Games, and more!
2) View FREE eBooks
Topics Include: Federal Rules (Civil Procedure, Criminal Procedure, etc.), Property, Contracts, Law School Materials for Success, Introduction to Basic Legal Citation