Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Raw Material
Regulations appear in the Code of Federal Regulations (C.F.R.). We want to cite to a regulation interpreting provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The screenshot below presents the provision we want to cite. It contains the information needed to cite the reg:
- The title number of the C.F.R. 29
- The section of the regulation. 1630.3
- The date of the C.F.R. 2010
- Bluepages Rule 5.1.4 just gives you a sample and then sends you to Rule 14.2.
- Rule 14.2
Rule 14.2 requires you to:
- Include the title number, section number and year. (In Word, you can find the section symbol by going to the Insert tab, choosing Symbol and inserting the section symbol. Keyboard Shortcut: ALT-0167.)
- Use the most recent edition of the C.F.R. for the year.
The Finished Product
Pretty simple this time!
29 C.F.R. § 1630.4 (2010).