Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Articles chop up your topic into little, narrow questions. If you find 5 articles, each presenting a narrow study, it's often hard to see how they fit together and what question they are all trying to answer. But encyclopedias and handbooks
- Give you overviews of your topic
- Lead you to the important questions asked by researchers.
- Contain articles written by experts in their fields.
- Put your idea or question into a historical, research, or social context.
- Lead you to further references.
Encyclopedias and Handbooks
Each year top scholars provide overviews of the most important research on the most discussed topics done over the past several years. For OD, the fields you're probably most interested in will be
- Organizational Psychology And Organizational Behavior,
- Psychology, and
- Sociology. But you can search all of them at the same time.
Search Reference/Background Materials in Summon