We've changed a few things for the safety of our community, but we're still here to help!
O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library now open for studying Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Read More...
Keffer and Ireland Libraries are closed to the community, but still offering curbside pick-up of books Monday - Friday, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. Read More...
We know there is a lot of disruption due to the COVID-19 outbreak and the University's responses aimed at creating a safe environment for all. We want you to know that the University Libraries are here to support you and to continue to provide you with excellent resources and information services. We have a robust set of resources and services that are available to the University community, whether you're working from home, from your dorm room, or somewhere else. This guide will point you to those collections, services, and resources. While this guide was created in response to the University's move to online teaching due to COVID-19, online resources are available any time.
O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library now open for studying, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
The O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library will be open on a limited basis starting Wednesday, June 17. Admittance is by card access. Only University of St. Thomas community members with a UST card may use the library. The libraries have very few students available to work this summer. Therefore, services have been scoped to the available library staff working both on-site and remotely. Read more about our services during this level 1 opening.
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Masks: All library users must wear a mask in the O'Shaughnessy-Frey library.
- Spaces: First floor of the O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library and the study area on the tunnel level outside the library entryway.
- Restrooms: In the study area on the tunnel level.
- Computers: Are not available at the O'Shaughnessy-Frey library. Users are welcome to bring their own devices and use our WiFi and our outlets. Printing is available at the O'Shaughnessy-Frey library.
- Reference and library research assistance: Available online via chat or text, or contact a librarian to set up a one-on-one research consultation via Zoom, phone, or email.
Keffer and Ireland Libraries remain closed to the community, but will still offer library materials for pick-up.
Due Dates for Checked out Materials
We understand that many people have books and other materials checked out and cannot return them. Due dates have been extended, we do not charge overdue fines, and we have suspended billing for lost items until further notice.
Book drop returns
If you would like to return a book, you can do so at one of our book drops at O'Shaughnessy-Frey library. There are three book drops you can use:
- Inside the O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library at the Circulation Desk (only available 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday)
- On the west wall between the library entrance stairs and the OEC.
- On the south wall of the library on the side by the greenhouse.
- Please do not return DVDs or other media materials to the book drops as these can be damaged. You can return those items to the O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library circulation desk 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
If you are graduating and have library items that you can't return to the O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library's book drops, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options for returning materials.
Ask a Librarian!
Connect with a Librarian via Chat (purple box at bottom right) and Text (651-504-1324)
- Monday-Thursday 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 5:00pm
- During off-hours, you can still get chat reference help through AskMN, a cooperative service with other academic librarians.
Ask a Librarian and Email
Make an appointment for a Research Consultation
- Contact the subject librarian to schedule a one-on-one research consultation. Consultations can by done via Zoom, phone, or email: whatever works best for you!
- Materials and Collections online: Many of our materials are available online. Learn about the best ways to find and use them.
- O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library opening: Details about our limited re-opening of the O'Shaughnessy-Frey library building.
- Print books and physical materials: More details on our print books and physical materials lending
- Research help: All the different ways to get research help from our librarians when you can't come into the library
- Library integrations for online courses: Ways that you can integrate library resources and instruction into your online course
- Open Resources during COVID-19: Many of our vendors, publishers, and databases want to support our faculty and students when so many are unable to go to a library and are taking classes online.They've made some or all of their resources available for free.
- Get Full-Text Faster: We have a chrome extension called LibKey Nomad that will automatically link you to the library's full-text of an article if it's available. This makes accessing articles online much faster when you're not on campus.