Professors can create a customized version of a text - by excerpting and/or adding content to an existing text. Most of Aspen's casebook line is available to customize. Pricing is based on the page count and and permissions costs. The site has a video tutorial to walk you through the process.
Law professors may view/download review copies of texts and casebooks online through this site. Professors can also join this site and colloborate with their peers on the network to develop custom course materials.
Your liaison librarian would be happy to explore these tools with you as an option for your courses.
The Skills & Values Series is hybrid series of subject-specific, practice-oriented books and online materials supported by LexisNexis Web Courses, powered by Blackboard.
The Print Component
Each print book in the S&V Series contains at least 14 hands-on exercises which together provide a simulated learning environment so that students can actively engage in their learning, and can learn by doing - by practicing the legal concepts they are learning in the course. Currently available and forthcoming Skills & Values titles are:
CALI's eLangdell Press publishes free, open eBooks for legal education. These eBooks are compatible with mobile devices and e-readers. There are currently casebooks available on a variety of legal subjects, and the collection continues to grow.
· Securities Law: Selected Statutes and Regulations
· Computer-Aided Exercises in Civil Procedure
· Civil Procedure: Pleading
· U.S. Bankruptcy Code and Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure
· Introduction to Basic Legal Citation
· Federal Rules of Evidence
· Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure
· Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
· The Ethics of Tax Lawyering