Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About Keffer Library
Charles J. Keffer Library
MOH 206, 1000 LaSalle Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403
Directions & Parking
A Guide to the Curriculum Collection
The Curriculum Lab is a special collection of materials set aside for students and faculty in Teacher Education and other programs in the School of Education. The collection is located within the Charles J. Keffer Library, and is open during regular library hours. The collection includes these types of materials:
- Children's literature
- Sample textbooks and supporting material for teachers
- Classroom "idea" books
- Academic standards for most subject areas and supporting teaching resources
- Reference books
- Audiovisuals, maps, posters, manipulatives, 'big' books etc.
- Games, puppets, and Storytime Buddies
The following services are available:
- Reference and reader's advisory services
- Instruction for students in the use of curriculum materials, children's literature, education journals, databases, and web-based resources
- An Ellison Letter Machine for cutting letters, and other shapes for bulletin boards, posters, etc. Basic supplies are also provided (construction paper, scissors, markers, glue, etc.) Click here for instructions. The Ellison Machine has been moved to the lobby of the Teacher Education program. Check with them for hours.
All of the Curriculum Lab materials are cataloged in CLICnet. Assistance in locating things is available from a librarian.
All materials may be borrowed except reference books, magazines or journals, and computer software. A valid UST or CLIC identification card is required to borrow items. Members of the general public may use materials in the library, or may request them on interlibrary loan through their local library.
Contact me for assistance