Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
RefWorks Technical Support
Have questions regarding the New RefWorks or need some technical support? Contact our Support Team for help.
email us or
tel. +1. 800-521-0600 ext. 74440 or +1.734-997-4440
Support hours are:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 11:00 pm ET
Friday: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm ET
Sunday: 2:00 pm – 11:00 pm ET
What browsers are supported by the New RefWorks?
- Internet Explorer versions 8 through 10
- Google Chrome
When I try to export from a database, the citation automatically goes to the Legacy RefWorks. How can I direct it to the new RefWorks instead?
- Make sure that you login to your New RefWorks account prior to exporting. This should ensure that any exporting that you do will be directed to your New RefWorks account.
When I try to export from a database, the citation automatically goes to the New RefWorks. How can I direct it to the Legacy RefWorks instead?
- Make sure that you login to your RefWorks account prior to exporting. This should ensure that any exporting that you do will be directed to your RefWorks account.
How do I migrate my references from the Legacy RefWorks into the New RefWorks?
- If you already have a Flow account, you can bring your RefWorks database into the New Refowkrs at any time. Click here for detailed instructions. You may also see an option within your RefWorks account that allows you to create a New RefWorks account and move your RefWorks database.
How do I work offline?
Can I 'share' with researchers from outside of St. Thomas?
- Yes, as long as they have a New RefWorks account.
Can I keep my Flow account after I leave St. Thomas?
- Yes. You can keep your New RefWorks account as long as St. Thomas continues to subscribe.
How do I delete duplicate articles?
- Flow allows you to place an article in multiple collections, however, you may find that you have imported an article multiple times, resulting in duplicates. Rest assured, you can delete them.
Can I use Flow and RefWorks simultaneously?
- Yes. RefWorks will continue to be available alongside the New RefWorksThis gives you an opportunity to try both tools and choose the one that works best for you.
- A few notes about using the Legacy RefWorks and the New RefWorks simultaneously:
- When using the Export to RefWorks feature in library databases, citations will be exported to whichever platform you were last logged into. For example, if your export request is directed to the Legacy RefWorks but you want to export citations to the New RefWorks, you'll need to login to your New RefWorks account and then return to the database to repeat your export request.
- Your Legacy RefWorks and the New RefWorks libraries will not automatically be synced. However, you can migrate your Legacy RefWorks library to the New RefWorks at any time by following the steps outlined in How do I migrate my RefWorks library to the New RefWorks?
- Installing the New RefWorks for Word overwrites any currently installed version of RefWorks Write N Cite.