The O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library will be open on a limited basis with limited hours starting Wednesday, June 17. Admittance is by card access. Only University of St. Thomas community members with a UST card may use the library.
The libraries have very few students available to work this summer. Therefore, services have been scoped to the available library staff working both on-site and remotely.
Top 6 things to know:
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, open by St. Thomas card-access only.
- Masks: All library users must wear a mask in the O'Shaughnessy-Frey library.
- Spaces: First floor of the O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library and the study area on the tunnel level outside the library entryway.
- Restrooms: In the study area outside the library entrance.
- Computers: Are not available at the O'Shaughnessy-Frey library. Users are welcome to bring their own devices and use our WiFi and our outlets. Printing is available at the O'Shaughnessy-Frey library.
- Reference and library research assistance: Available online via chat or text, or contact a librarian to set up a one-on-one research consultation via Zoom, phone, or email.
- Study spaces, including tables, soft chairs, and WiFi are available for University of St. Thomas students, staff, and faculty.
- Special Collections will be open by appointment only and occupancy will be limited to 3 researchers. Materials used for research will be set aside for a quarantine period as recommended by the American Library Association and the Institute for Museum and Library Services. Contact Ann Kenne, the University Archivist, to make an appointment.
- We will continue to offer print books and physical materials for pick-up using the CLICsearch request function. These items can be picked up at the front door or at the circulation desk. Library staff will communicate with you about the pickup options via email within 24 hours of your hold request.
- We will continue to offer our online collections (including ebooks, electronic journal articles, online databases, and streaming media) 24/7.
- We will continue to provide digital copies of articles and book chapters delivered to users' email.
- We will continue to provide InterLibrary Loan lending for articles and book chapters.
Books, DVDs, CDs, Periodicals, and other Physical Materials
- The Main Collection, Music & Media collection, and Periodicals will remain unavailable for browsing to library users. Requests for these materials can be placed in CLICsearch and will be fulfilled by Circulation staff.
- The Reference Collection, New Books, and Leisure Reading Collections on the First Floor are available for use by Library Users.
Safety and Cleaning
- Following the University's COVID-19 preparedness plan, all library users must wear masks when in the O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library.
- Library users will be expected to clean their study area before and after each use.
- Two disinfecting stations have been installed on the first floor, and one has been installed in the study area outside the library entrance.
- Hand sanitation stations have been installed in high traffic areas.
- Facilities will clean high traffic common areas twice daily.
- All library service desks will be protected by plexiglass shields.
- Returned library materials will be quarantined for a period of at least 24 hours and then cleaned before being available to borrow again as recommended by the Institute for Museum and Library Services and the CDC.