Gaining access to the shared faculty account
- Only faculty can create course-related playlists in Naxos Music Library (classical) or Naxos Music Library Jazz.
- A special administrative password is required. Please contact Cathy Lutz (2-5459) for the password.
- All faculty share the same adminstrative password. Please be very careful to add, change, or delete only your playlists and folders!
- Do not give the password out to students. Note that the password will change every school year.
- Folders must be labeled by the course name, course number, and faculty name (i.e., World Music 101/Smith).
- Remember to Log-Out when you are finished.
IMPORTANT! Since all faculty are sharing the same administrative password, all faculty also have access to every folder and playlist. PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL TO SELECT ONLY YOUR OWN FOLDERS AND PLAYLISTS, so you do not inadvertantly edit or delete someone else's folder or playlist.
Finding the UST playlist page
Creating a new folder for your playlists
- Under Manage Folders, click NEW (no. 1 in the illustration below).
- Folder name: Name the folder the name and number of the course and your name, i.e., World Music 101/Smith (no.2).
- Author: Reenter your name so you show up as the creator of the folder (no. 3).
- Remarks: Enter a brief description about the contents of the playlist (no. 4).
- Secure Folder: (no. 5)
- Choose NO if you want your students or anyone associated with UST to be able to see it.
- Choose YES if you want the playlist restricted to students in your class/es. In this case, you must create and distribute a password to your class. Do NOT use the special adminstrative password used in creating the playlists.
- Refer to the sample Playlist demo folders (created by DeLuca and Lutz).
- Remember to Log-Out when you are finished so that other faculty can work on their playlists.
Creating playlists in your folder
To create a playlist within the folder:
- Make sure you're in the UST playlist tab (no. 1 in the illustration below).
- Make sure your folder is open (no. 2).
- Click NEW PLAYLIST (no. 3).
- Fill out the info for this particular playlist.
- You may have several playlists within a folder.
Once you've created a playlist within a folder:
- Search for your desired work/s.
- Select the works (entire album, entire work, specific tracks) by checking the appropriate boxes (no. 1 below).
- Click ADD TO PLAYLIST and follow the instructions provided (no. 2).
- NOTE that each playlist can only hold sixty tracks of music, i.e., single- and multiple-movement works whose total number of tracks add up to sixty. You may need to make multiple playlists to accomodate your course needs.
To add works to an existing or new playlist:
- Always choose the University of St. Thomas Playlists tab.
- Choose your correct folder.
- Select an existing playlist or create a new playlist.
Remember to Log-Out of the special administrator account when you are finished. If you don't logout, no one else will be able to make a playlist.