Troubleshooting common library problems
There are a few common difficulties that crop up every so often when accessing library resources. I've compiled the most common problems together in this page. This page will change as the resources change.
Please review the various scenarios to see if you can troubleshoot the problem. If not, please report all problems to Carolyn DeLuca (email@example.com). Provide the following information:
- description of the resource you were trying to use and what happened (include screen shots)
- page you clicked from (provide URL)
- copy the exact error message, if available
- browser and version number being used (e.g., Internet Explorer 10, not just IE vs. Firefox vs. Safari). Knowing version number will help
- whether it happened on- or off-campus
- your/student's contact info so I can follow up
This will help me in helping you.
REMINDER TO LIBRARIANS
Often the patron will get to materials in a less-than-direct manner. Please be sure to try both the alpha list and the subject list of databases for alternative access. Be sure to try GET IT and A-Z JOURNAL TITLES. Be sure to try SEARCH and BROWSE.