Professional reference service is available via phone, e-mail, and in-person at both the St. Paul and Minnepolis campus libraries. While walk-in service is often available, we recommend that you make an appointment for lengthy consultations or tutorials. Contact one of the business librarians for an appointment.
Why Use This Guide?
This guide is designed as a starting point for researching U.S. and global industries.
Use the tabs to navigate through the guide.
- Industry overviews - look for basic information on how an industry operates
- Industry classfication - learn how industry information is organized (which can help you search for it)
- Finding articles - search for articles, business news, & product announcements
- Competitors - identify key industry players & competitors
- Customer demographics - look for data on demographics and target markets
- Associations - investigate trade associations for information on the industry
- Trends/forecasts - look for industry trends, forecasts, and statistics
- Evaluating & citing - here's information on how to cite your sources
- Related guides - lists other guides that can help you with your research