Articles chop up your topic into little, narrow questions. If you find 5 articles, each presenting a narrow study, it's often hard to see how they fit together and what question they are all trying to answer. But encyclopedias and handbooks
- Give you overviews of your topic
- Lead you to the important questions asked by researchers.
- Contain articles written by experts in their fields.
- Put your idea or question into a historical, research, or social context.
- Lead you to further references.