The following is brief overview of the resources available to find firms that both have presence in Minnesota and LLM student's home countries. For a list of companies that operate in both Minnesota and your home country, look at the database called "American Firms Operating in Foreign Countries Online" below. Additionally, I have posted some spreadsheets for certain countries that provides a comprehensive listing of companies.
In the way of additional research, I also recommend you look at the trade organization/chamber of commerce organization for your country- often the directories contain US partnerships (tax, consulting and law firms) that aren't picked up other searches. Lastly, I recommend the "Company Research" tab below if you want to look up information generally about a US-based company.
Profiles Contain: News, Company Details (synopsis of the firm’s history, objectives, business structure and segments), Reports (Annual financial statements and annual reports). Substantial private firm database.
1. Select US Company Database (Active)
2. Company search with your companies name.
Profiles Contain: News/Press Releases, Basic Profile Summary (business description, number of employees, industries firm sells products in, Stock Reports (provide industry and company outlooks, details on operations), Industry Surveys (provide information about the industry and competitors associated with firm)
1. Search by your company name under "Quick Links".
Profiles Contain: Provides News, MultiMedia (video and TV segments), Key Developments (editorial enhancement by Reuters highlighting major changes to firm structure, policies, etc), Peer Comparison, Company Report.
1. To find the reports in Factiva click on "Company" under the Companies/Markets tab in the upper left hand corner. Type in the name of your company and choose it from the list that will appear, then use the links in the upper left hand corner to access the reports
Profiles Contain: Company Summary: Provides a business description, executive list, significant developments (legal, mergers, divestitures, strategic combinations), news, financial summary, stock information, Analyst Reports (often provide key insights into the firm, its internal operations, competitors, and market, Annual Reports, Financial Statements
1. On the first landing page for this resource, select the OneSource option, and look up your company by name.
Profiles Contain: Information on over 14 million U.S. public and private companies, including contact information, estimated financials for private companies, industry codes, and more. Substantial private firm database.
1. Select "U.S. Businesses" and then search. Enter a company name in quick search.